There’s something really sexy about van Gogh’s 1887 painting Sunflowers, not in the Georgia O’Keeffe way exactly, but as though the artist were exposing something private and intimate about the plants. The picture is in “Van Gogh Up Close,” an exhibition that just opened at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Focusing on the period between 1896 and 1890, it explores the ways the artist messed with traditional perspective to create bizarre, dramatic still lifes and landscapes that helped change the course of modern art.
Tag Archives: O’Keeffe
- Horses of a different color! My opus on unicorns in art, from the Cloisters to Documenta to a gallery near you shar.es/ZiLyf 1 day ago
- Somewhere over Gravity's Rainbow: Drew Heitzler at @mg_chelsea instagram.com/p/ZdVTDxrpIb/ 6 days ago
- Luv Bacchus RT @AwolErizku: @rcembalest always showing love #art #seeingzero #veryrare @streetetiquette @Milk Studios Instagram.com/p/ZbgHoeO93U/ 6 days ago
- Cross Purpose: Fisherman's Cross, 1967, by Ian Hamilton Findlay, @nolangallery instagram.com/p/ZbTau-LpAT/ 1 week ago
- I feel a trunk show coming on RT @bdeskin Sesame Street has an elephant who paints 1 week ago
#Andy Warhol #Banksy #cats #Picasso #street art #Virginia Museum of Fine Arts African masks Andrew Edlin Gallery art Art School Without Walls Ayeshia Brown Basquiat Batman Bronx Museum comic art Cre8tive YouTH*ink drawing elephant Elvis festival of ideas Galeristas Adolescentes High Line International Center of Photography Jeff Koons Jewish Museum Kehinde Wiley Keith Haring LA MOCA Maira Kalman Marlborough Gallery Metropolitan Museum of Art Mike Leavitt Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art new museum Olek Paul Kasmin Pierogi Queens Museum R. Crumb sheep Society of Illustrators Sofia Maldonado Tania Bruguera van Gogh Willie Cole