Batman I, 2011, from “Batman Returns,” Joyce Pensato’s show at Friedrich Petzel in Chelsea. The exhibition features expressionistic and slightly menacing renderings of clowns, Homer Simpson, Groucho Marx, Mickey Mouse, and a character the artist refers to as “The Juicer,” along with toys, ephemera, stuffed animals, photographs, and more.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Horses of a different color! My opus on unicorns in art, from the Cloisters to Documenta to a gallery near you shar.es/ZiLyf 17 hours ago
- Somewhere over Gravity's Rainbow: Drew Heitzler at @mg_chelsea instagram.com/p/ZdVTDxrpIb/ 5 days ago
- Luv Bacchus RT @AwolErizku: @rcembalest always showing love #art #seeingzero #veryrare @streetetiquette @Milk Studios Instagram.com/p/ZbgHoeO93U/ 6 days ago
- Cross Purpose: Fisherman's Cross, 1967, by Ian Hamilton Findlay, @nolangallery instagram.com/p/ZbTau-LpAT/ 6 days ago
- I feel a trunk show coming on RT @bdeskin Sesame Street has an elephant who paints 6 days ago
#Andy Warhol #Banksy #cats #Picasso #street art #Virginia Museum of Fine Arts African masks Andrew Edlin Gallery art Art School Without Walls Ayeshia Brown Basquiat Batman Bronx Museum comic art Cre8tive YouTH*ink drawing elephant Elvis festival of ideas Galeristas Adolescentes High Line International Center of Photography Jeff Koons Jewish Museum Kehinde Wiley Keith Haring LA MOCA Maira Kalman Marlborough Gallery Metropolitan Museum of Art Mike Leavitt Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art new museum Olek Paul Kasmin Pierogi Queens Museum R. Crumb sheep Society of Illustrators Sofia Maldonado Tania Bruguera van Gogh Willie Cole