Batman I, 2011, from “Batman Returns,” Joyce Pensato’s show at Friedrich Petzel in Chelsea. The exhibition features expressionistic and slightly menacing renderings of clowns, Homer Simpson, Groucho Marx, Mickey Mouse, and a character the artist refers to as “The Juicer,” along with toys, ephemera, stuffed animals, photographs, and more.
- And now a @tumblr on @rashaadnewsome voguing/drawing performance @drawingcenter last night tmblr.co/Zycdex19UAYL2 20 hours ago
- Just like being there! My portraits of 29 Artists With Their Work at New York Art Fairs shar.es/RWtmJ 1 day ago
- RT @trinebumiller: The amazing Robin Cembalest with a painting by Michael Caines at Mulherin Gallery @rcembalest… instagram.com/p/lOjlTEghqm/ 1 day ago
- Meet the Apprentices for #artschoolwithoutwallsvol6 wp.me/p1mOiU-vR #267pacific 2 days ago
- Another great post from @nicolecasamento on #artschoolwithoutwallsvol6. In Which the Mural Is Named wp.me/p1mOiU-wp #267pacificstreet 2 days ago
#Andy Warhol #Banksy #cats #Marcus Aurelius #Oxidation Paintings #Picasso #scanner code #SoHo #street art #Virginia Museum of Fine Arts African masks Alicia Prieto Alison McMenamin Andrew Edlin Gallery Anna Kustera art Art School Without Walls Ayeshia Brown Basquiat Batman Billy Mode Bronx Museum Brooklyn Museum Cecilia Alemani Chris Stain comic art Cre8tive YouTH*ink David Nyzio drawing E.V. Day elephant Elvis festival of ideas Galeristas Adolescentes High Line Ideas City Festival International Center of Photography Jeff Koons Jerry Otero Jewish Museum Jonathan LeVine Kehinde Wiley Keith Haring LA MOCA Lonicera Partners Maira Kalman Marlborough Gallery Martha Cooper Metropolitan Museum of Art Mike Leavitt Mista Oh! Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art new museum Olek Paul Kasmin Pierogi Postmasters Queens Museum Quinlan Development Group R. Crumb Ray Smith sheep Shepard Fairey Skewville Society of Illustrators Sofia Maldonado Sol Lewitt Sperone Westwater Street Play Project Tania Bruguera Tanya Bonakdar The Hole Tim Schreier van Gogh Willie Cole