There’s something really sexy about van Gogh’s 1887 painting Sunflowers, not in the Georgia O’Keeffe way exactly, but as though the artist were exposing something private and intimate about the plants. The picture is in “Van Gogh Up Close,” an exhibition that just opened at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Focusing on the period between 1896 and 1890, it explores the ways the artist messed with traditional perspective to create bizarre, dramatic still lifes and landscapes that helped change the course of modern art.
Archive | 8:28 am
- To get to the top, you have to wear the right clothes: check out 12 Museum-Worthy Power Suits from Around the World shar.es/BP1NL 2 weeks ago
- 12 Museum-Worthy Power Suits from Around the World shar.es/BP1Vf via @ARTnewsmag 2 weeks ago
- .@nicolecasamento interviews legendary street-art photographer & #artschoolwithoutwallsvol6 mentor Martha Cooper wp.me/p1mOiU-Eu 2 weeks ago
- Weave got news: When tapestries did the reporting metmuseum.org/about-the-muse… via @metmuseum 4 weeks ago
- “The agreement is not yet signed, but it will certainly happen”: Gurlitt to Return Nazi-Looted Art nyti.ms/1huGhhC 4 weeks ago
#Andy Warhol #Banksy #cats #Picasso #street art #Virginia Museum of Fine Arts 267 Pacific Street African masks Alicia Prieto Alison McMenamin Andrew Edlin Gallery Anna Kustera art Art School Without Walls Art School Without Walls Vol. 6 Ayeshia Brown Basquiat Batman Billy Mode Bronx Museum Brooklyn Museum Cecilia Alemani Chris Stain comic art Cre8tive YouTH*ink David Nyzio drawing E.V. Day elephant Elvis festival of ideas Galeristas Adolescentes Graffiti High Line Industry City International Center of Photography Jeff Koons Jerry Otero Jewish Museum Jonathan LeVine Kehinde Wiley Keith Haring LA MOCA Lonicera Partners Maira Kalman Marlborough Gallery Martha Cooper Metropolitan Museum of Art Mike Leavitt Mista Oh! Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art new museum Nicole Casamento Olek Paul Kasmin Pierogi Postmasters Queens Museum Quinlan Development Group R. Crumb Ray Smith sheep Shepard Fairey Sign Language Skewville Society of Illustrators Sofia Maldonado Sol Lewitt Sperone Westwater Street Play Project Tania Bruguera Tanya Bonakdar The Hole van Gogh Willie Cole