During my adventure live-tweeting Warhol’s 8-hour film Empire with C-monster and WNYC the other night, I told the story of my one encounter with the artist. As a young factchecker at Artforum, I had to find out if Warhol had personally peed on the famous Oxidation paintings. I called up the Factory and explained my mission. I was told to hold on. After a while, a voice came on the line and said, “Hi, This is Andy.” “Mr. Warhol,” I stammered. “Did you, uh…urinate on the Oxidation paintings?” “Yes, I did,” he said. “Thank you very much,” I replied, and we hung up. Later I found out that many people in the studio had peed on the pictures.
- From Leonora Carrington to Jonah Freeman & Justin Lowe: Best cat art in NY fairs & galleries tmblr.co/Zycdex19e5MHc 10 minutes ago
- And now a @tumblr on @rashaadnewsome voguing/drawing performance @drawingcenter last night tmblr.co/Zycdex19UAYL2 1 day ago
- Just like being there! My portraits of 29 Artists With Their Work at New York Art Fairs shar.es/RWtmJ 1 day ago
- RT @trinebumiller: The amazing Robin Cembalest with a painting by Michael Caines at Mulherin Gallery @rcembalest… instagram.com/p/lOjlTEghqm/ 1 day ago
- Meet the Apprentices for #artschoolwithoutwallsvol6 wp.me/p1mOiU-vR #267pacific 2 days ago
#Andy Warhol #Banksy #cats #Marcus Aurelius #Oxidation Paintings #Picasso #scanner code #SoHo #street art #Virginia Museum of Fine Arts African masks Alicia Prieto Alison McMenamin Andrew Edlin Gallery Anna Kustera art Art School Without Walls Ayeshia Brown Basquiat Batman Billy Mode Bronx Museum Brooklyn Museum Cecilia Alemani Chris Stain comic art Cre8tive YouTH*ink David Nyzio drawing E.V. Day elephant Elvis festival of ideas Galeristas Adolescentes High Line Ideas City Festival International Center of Photography Jeff Koons Jerry Otero Jewish Museum Jonathan LeVine Kehinde Wiley Keith Haring LA MOCA Lonicera Partners Maira Kalman Marlborough Gallery Martha Cooper Metropolitan Museum of Art Mike Leavitt Mista Oh! Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art new museum Olek Paul Kasmin Pierogi Postmasters Queens Museum Quinlan Development Group R. Crumb Ray Smith sheep Shepard Fairey Skewville Society of Illustrators Sofia Maldonado Sol Lewitt Sperone Westwater Street Play Project Tania Bruguera Tanya Bonakdar The Hole Tim Schreier van Gogh Willie Cole