During my adventure live-tweeting Warhol’s 8-hour film Empire with C-monster and WNYC the other night, I told the story of my one encounter with the artist. As a young factchecker at Artforum, I had to find out if Warhol had personally peed on the famous Oxidation paintings. I called up the Factory and explained my mission. I was told to hold on. After a while, a voice came on the line and said, “Hi, This is Andy.” “Mr. Warhol,” I stammered. “Did you, uh…urinate on the Oxidation paintings?” “Yes, I did,” he said. “Thank you very much,” I replied, and we hung up. Later I found out that many people in the studio had peed on the pictures.
- .@therobpruitt's Smiley Faces Will Make You Cry shar.es/DTctZ #delacruzcollection #miami 13 hours ago
- So. Many. Feelings. My word collage of @ArtBasel shar.es/DUPzy 1 day ago
- Why Miami Finally Has the Art Museum It Deserves: the @Pamm shar.es/DUoSn 1 day ago
- Artwork on Violence in Colombia Too Dangerous for @untitledmiami art fair shar.es/DzPiy 3 days ago
- 9 Art Shows to See After ‘12 Years a Slave’: Or, how museums are finding ways to rewrite lost narratives shar.es/DzSCI 3 days ago
#Andy Warhol #appropriation #Banksy #cats #fact checker #Marcus Aurelius #Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth #Oxidation Paintings #Picasso #Robert Lazzarini #scanner code #SoHo #street art #telephone #Virginia Museum of Fine Arts African masks Alicia Prieto Alison McMenamin Andrew Edlin Gallery Anna Kustera art Art School Without Walls Ayeshia Brown Basquiat Batman bedbug Bronx Museum Brooklyn Museum Cecilia Alemani comic art Cre8tive YouTH*ink David Nyzio Dr. Lakra drawing Drawing Center E.V. Day elephant Elvis festival of ideas Galeristas Adolescentes High Line International Center of Photography Jeff Koons Jewish Museum Jonathan LeVine Kehinde Wiley Keith Haring LA MOCA Maira Kalman Marlborough Gallery Metropolitan Museum of Art Mike Leavitt Mista Oh! Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art new museum Olek Paul Kasmin Pierogi Postmasters Queens Museum R. Crumb Ray Smith sheep Shepard Fairey Skewville Society of Illustrators Sofia Maldonado Sol Lewitt Sperone Westwater Tania Bruguera Tanya Bonakdar The Hole Tim Schreier van Gogh Willie Cole